Whenever the topic crops up of essential oils, there are a myriad of them who are much much better and quicker in terms of working than cucumber oil…but, there’s a catch, one aspect which when comes to fore, about cucumber leaves every other essential oil far back in the race , and that aspect being the mildness of this amazing essential oil, and absolutely harmless nature of it…
The cucumber, or Cucumis Sativus, belongs to the cucurbitaceae family of fruits, which also includes melons, squashes, and gourds. Cucumber oil, however, is extracted from the seeds, as opposed to the fruit itself. The oil extracted from the cucumber seed is known to be rich in a variety of nutrients, which are believed to be highly effective in helping to maintain healthy skin. As such, cucumber oil is believed to be beneficial for treating some dry skin conditions as –
- Helping the skin retain moisture
The seeds from the cucumber plant contain a significant amount of oil and can, therefore, be cold-pressed. This form of extraction requires that minimal heat is used in the process, and the resulting oil retains a high percentage of beneficial nutrients. After extraction, the cucumber oil is filtered and the this process typically produces a clear, golden-yellow oil.
The oil itself is rich in linoleic, or omega-6, fatty acids, as well as vitamins B1 and C, tocopherols, and phytopherols. These nutrients, both collectively and individually, are believed to be effective for detoxifying the skin, retaining moisture, preventing aging, and deep cleansing pores. As a result, many cosmetics companies use cucumber oil in a range of products, including soaps, cleaning lotions, toning solutions, and moisturizers.
Cucumber essential oil is a very good source of vitamin C, linoleic or omega 6, fatty acid. It also contains significant amounts of palmitic fatty acids and oleic, which is suitable for making age-defying beauty products, lotions, and soaps.
- Cucumber essential oil when combined with a carrier oil such as olive oil is perfect for moisturizing the skin and for deep skin cleansing.
- Cucumber essential oil has cooling effects and can treat skin problems effectively such as acne, blackheads, boils, eruptions, and eye puffiness.
- Detoxifies the skin due to its proteolytic enzymes, vitamin B1, and C content
- You can also take cucumber essential oil recipe every day for a radiant skin such as eating it in its raw form or as a main ingredient in salads.
- Hydrates and moisturize facial skin due to its high water and vitamin C content
- Relieves stress when used for body massage
- It offers cooling effect during hot weather when applied on temples of the face and side nodes.
Now, quickly go through our reference links…